One of several variations on the Last Word cocktail that we present, the Final Ward substitutes two ingredients in the original recipe.
Created in 2007 by Phil Ward at Death & Co. in New York, the Final Ward is a well known variation on the classic Last Word cocktail and makes two subsitutions. Rye whiskey replaces Gin. Lemon juice replaces lime, hardly surprising given the affinity whiskeys have for lemon.
- Nick and Nora or coupe glass
- ¾ oz Rye whiskey
- ¾ oz Luxardo Maraschino liqueur
- ¾ oz Green Chartreuse
- ¾ oz Fresh lemon juice
- Add ingredients to your trusty cocktail shaker
- Add ice and shake until frosty cold
- Strain into chilled glass. And please, be civilized and double strain to avoid floating ice chips
- Rinse and repeat