The Drunkard’s Almanac
Last modified: July 30, 2021
USE OF WEBSITE BY THOSE NOT OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE
This Website is not directed to individuals under the legal drinking age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under this age. If you are under legal drinking age, do not use or provide any information on this Website, register an account, or use any of the public comment features of this Website. Moreover, do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual under legal drinking age, we will delete that information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you use the Website by, for example, providing registration details, subscribing to a newsletter, browsing our blog, requesting information from us or otherwise interacting with our Website, we gather personal information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Several different types of Personal Information can be gathered when you interact with the Website. Collection of Personal Information is necessary to provide the Website to you or to enhance your consumer experience.
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through the Website
- User Account Registration. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, receive our newsletter, or follow our blog. Such data includes your name and email address.
- As you navigate through the site, the Information automatically being collected may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Subscription Services. Subscribing to our newsletter or blog posts.
- Searches. Your search queries on the Website.
- User-generated Content. We collect personal information when you submit user-generated content through the online communities and other publicly available sections of the Website. Any personal information you submit through these public forums may be viewed by other users of the Website. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit, and we have no responsibility to publish, take down, remove or edit any of your submissions.
- Contact with our Team. We collect personal information for you in offline contexts, including, for example, when you contact us via email.
From Other Sources
- Content creators and joint marketing third parties, when they share the information with us.
- Social media platforms and other third-party service platforms.
- Third party business customers, clients and partners, when they share the information with us (e.g., sales data).
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes:
Providing functionality to the Website and fulfilling your requests
- To provide the Website’s functionality to you.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints about our Website.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing
- To provide you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitate social sharing.
- To send you emails with information about our Website, including new content.
Analyzing Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services
- To analyze or predict Personal Information and users’ preferences for business reporting and to improve our Website.
- To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can provide you with information and/or content tailored to your interests.
Accomplishing our business purposes
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Website;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Website are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Website are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
Aggregating and/or Anonymizing Personal Information
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
We also use your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations (this may include laws outside your country of residence);
- To cooperate with public and government authorities;
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is necessary or appropriate (these can include authorities outside your country of residence);
- To cooperate with law enforcement;
- For other legal reasons;
- To enforce our terms and conditions;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others;
- In connection with a sale or business transaction – i.e., we have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose Personal Information:
- To Our Third-Party Service Providers. These can include providers of services such as website design and hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, ad serving, research survey/interview/focus group management and analysis, marketing, auditing, and other services.
OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED USING TECHNOLOGY
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. The Website collects Other Information such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
Your browser or device
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Website you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Website functions properly.
Pixel Tags and Other Similar Technologies
- Pixel Tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Website (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, compile statistics about usage of the Website and response rates, and identify similar audiences to whom we can market the Website.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Website and other websites or online services.
HOW TO OPT OUT OF RECEIVING EMAIL NEWSLETTERS, AND YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt out from:
- Email Newsletters. If you no longer want to receive marketing related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by clicking the email footer link to unsubscribe. You may not be able to unsubscribe from communications that are not related to marketing; otherwise, you might miss important information about your account or the Website.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
How you can access, change, or delete your Personal Information:
If you would like to request to access, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete Personal Information, object to or opt out of the processing of Personal Information, or if you would like to request to receive a copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed or whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics or criminal background) on or through the Website or otherwise to us.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Google, or any other social media platform provider.
JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER